Yesterday was a very special day…the birthday of the blog! One year old!
I want to say that I’m floored by the follows, the comments, the times when people say things like, “So, I saw in your blog…”
Thank you. Thanks for following (I don’t even know most of you in real-life! Man, thanks). I’m honored that you guys read, that you comment, that you do all of the things.
For your information, I do have access to some information about what things have happened in the past year. I thought I’d share a bit.😀
Most readers geographically
Here’s a breakdown of the top five nations that have read the blahg
- U.S. of A. Big surprise? Bonus: I may one day see you, since this is my home-nation.
- Canada. Eh! and many thanks to my neighbors to the north…and south…since: Windsor.
- Spain. Interesante. This one probably because some of us checked in while walking the Camino?
- UK. Dewd! I know zero people from the UK (excluding the Scotsmen I met in WYD Australia…hallo, gents!), so, greetings and cheers!
- Haiti. This baffles my mind. If you are Haitian, please consider writing a guest post and telling me about Haiti.
- For the record, Australia and Germany tie for sixth.
- Prayerful pilgrimage Partners
- The top three photogenic Cardinals in the current conclave
- For my grandma, who taught me to dance (personal fav!)
- Franciscan Fashion. Which was, I might add, a joke benefits of Fr. Pio Maria.
- Seashell Nell, Sea shell Nell, etc. and variations on this theme. That’s pretty straightforward since it’s the name of the blog.
- fr. pio maria cfr. WHAT?? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? Celebrity status, Fr. Pio. You get more hits than I do and IT’S MY BLOG! Whatever. Maybe I should do a feature article. Or something.
- traditional habits little sisters of the poor. Aaaaand I don’t even have anything about this on the blog. Apologies, internets.
Other points of interest?
- I have posted 186 posts.
- The month in the past year with the most views was July…which is weird…since I was out of town in July. 1,975 views that month.
- I have 82 followers (halloooooo, followers!) (And that doesn’t even include my mom, and she reads all the time).
- My sister is a fan in her own sense, “I think you do a really good job on your blog,” she says, “but I never read it.”
Things I was needlessly afraid of
- That the internet would be cruel to my fragile soul. It was unfounded. The internet doesn’t even KNOW ME!
Things I find interesting
- One of my first posts was about a priest who heard my confession. He died last weekend, his funeral is this Monday. He taught me a lot and I confessed to him several times. He was a good man. I’ll miss him.
- HOLY SHUCKS THERE’S A SPIDER RIGHT NEXT TO ME..
- It had really skinny legs. I flicked it away.
- One of the reasons I started the blog was because of St. Maximilian Kolbe. I knew that he faced persecution for his communication efforts, but he forged a head anyway. He has been an inspiration to me all along.
- (Interesting side note, the priest who died was Franciscan. Can you see a pattern in my life??)
So, yeah, I feel like ending with the title of my first post, which is still relevant and awesome (and taken from the interwebz)
Be brave. Life is joyous.
And, lastly, reflections? Do the numbers/ stats/ favorite posts reflect your reading pattern? What has been your favorite thing about the past blog-year (blog-related or not, I guess)?
And, really, if you could be any dinosaur, which one would you be?